Friday, December 9, 2011

School Picture Re-takes

Let me start by saying that I love my mother-in-law, I really do. However, a few of her traits that have been passed on to my daughter can be frustrating. And the worst one.....smiling with her mouth closed and her chin tucked down. My mother-in-law HATES getting her picture taken, and rarely smiles big in photos and my daughter tends to be the same way. Her first set of 3rd grade pictures were not cute (or flattering), so we opted for re-takes. Now that can be a scary situation because you are then stuck with whatever comes homes. So, to up the odds of a good photo, I coached and nagged Emily to "smile and show your teeth!" For whatever reason, this type of smile does not come with a tucked chin, and I sent her off on re-take day with a hopeful heart.............


And today she brought them home & I am one happy momma! My "not-so-baby girl anymore" is just adorable and this picture really shows her personality. I like it so much, I might actually get one hung up this year!!

0 comments: