Friday, December 2, 2011

It's December!!

I am so excited that December is finally here. Even though this month is always terribly busy and somewhat stressful, Christmas really is my favorite time of the year.

I love planning and shopping for Christmas gifts for my friends and family. I love listening to and singing Christmas songs. I love trying new recipes for our annual Cookie Exchange with friends. I love doing Holiday activities & projects with my 4th graders. I love seeing our tree lit up at night. I love seeing Emily's reaction to Elfie's antics every morning. I love watching her anticipation grow as Christmas draws closer each day.

And this year I get to add something else I love...watching my oldest nephew perform with his high school choir in an adaptation of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2720155721106
(hopefully my sister-in-law will get this posted on YouTube so I can embed it here!) It is one of the cutest Christmas shows I've seen in a long time!

Being December 1st (or the 2nd by the time this posts), you may be wondering about progress on my December Daily album. I have to admit that I do not have my foundation pages all finished, but I do have about half of them done and I am very happy with how they are looking so far. I hope to get pictures posted sometime this weekend between the art workshop I am attending most of the day on Saturday, my first 5k run on Sunday, and my in-laws being here for the weekend. If it doesn't end up happening, I'm sure you can understand why! LOL!

I hope you are having a wonderful start to your holiday season!

0 comments: